We received a number of nominations for our Centenary 2018 Renaissance Award, which recognises the the most successful building, structure or public space that was once derelict, vacant or under-used that has been brought back into life. There were a range of projects nominated – from offices to apartments, museums to restaurants.
Our Planning Committee have reviewed the nominations and we are pleased to announce the shortlisted projects are:
- University of Birmingham Aston Webb Block C – Associated Architects
- Lapworth Museum – Associated Architects
- Comet Works, Princip Street – BPN Architects
- Derwent Works, Henrietta Street – BPN Architects
- Riflemaker, Water Street – BPN Architects
- Bistro Pierre, Gas Street – Gillespie Yunnie Architects
- Two Cornwall Street – Glenn Howells Architects
They will be visiting and judging the shortlisted buildings over the next few weeks and we will announce the recipients of our Centenary 2018 Renaissance Award in early summer.