Thank you for your ongoing support of the Birmingham Civic Society as we continue our work into our next 100 years . Our annual subscription renewals for 2019-2020 are now due and I am writing to all of our members to ask you to continue supporting us and to update you on our activities over the last year.
I hope that you have been able to join in on some of the many events, activities and celebrations that have taken place so far – some to mark the end of our centenary year, and others taking us into the next 100 years.
The Trustees, committees, members and the support team continue to work incredibly hard to ensure that the heritage of our city is understood and celebrated, and that we are also building a clearer, greater and stronger Society.
So what, as a member, are you contributing to?
- Our Trees Committee, through Birmingham Trees for Life and in partnership with Birmingham City Council, planting over 74,000 trees in parks across the city with primary schools, friends groups and businesses.
- The Next Generation Awards, organised by our Citizenship Committee, encourage students from secondary schools across the city in finding ways to make a positive difference to their community
- Recognising the retention of our built heritage through our Renaissance Awards and our Planning Committee
- Supporting the Birmingham Big Art Project, through our Public Art Committee, which is now in its funding raising stages.
- Contributing over 100 Blue Plaques and History Plaques, celebrating the people and places across the city – including our interactive Blue Plaque Map which enables people to discover our city in a new way
- An organisation which is volunteer led, with the ability to keep making a difference in Birmingham
This is just a glimpse of some of the activities the Society has been working on over the last year. The Society and the positive influence it has on our city would not be possible without you, our members, and your ongoing support.
The annual subscription for Individual Members remains at £35 and at £50 for a Joint Membership. Corporate Membership remains at £250.00 and includes up to 5 individual named members.
We believe this is great value and with your continued support, will ensure that we can deliver on the Society’s objectives in the coming years.
Details on how to pay are on our membership page.
If you have paid by standing order, we will be very grateful if you could check you bank statements to confirm that the amount paid matches the current subscription rates.
It is a great time to be living and working in Birmingham and to be part of our great Society. It’s an important year for the Society but there’s still a lot for us to do in a city which is rapidly changing and has a very bright future – with the Commonwealth Games and HS2 just around the corner, now is the time for the Society to influence decisions and to work together make Birmingham a better place for everyone.
On behalf of the Trustees of the Society, we look forward to working with you all to achieve this.
Chairman, Birmingham Civic Society