Birmingham Civic Society is continuing to celebrate its 100th Birthday in style! This autumn The City Beautiful will see a bumper programme of activities and events.
Throughout the Autumn those who live, work and play in Birmingham can explore a rich and varied heritage with talks, walks and displays held in great spaces all over the city.
* Explore some of the city’s hidden stories with talks on Birmingham’s role in the First World War and the Suffragette movement in the city.
* Discover more about the folk who cared so much for their city they started a society to protect it in the aftermath of WWI.
* Known for its fine art collections, explore the range of prominent artists working in Birmingham in the Twentieth Century. Hear from Darren Share, from Birmingham City Council who will illustrate the story of the wonderful parks in the greenest city in Europe.
* Enjoy what the autumn brings to our open spaces with special guided walks around Sutton Park, Aston Park, the City Centre and Cannon Hill Park.
* Plus pick up a free Heritage Trail from The Library of Birmingham and discover more about the achievements of Birmingham Civic Society with an outdoor display on the railings by Birmingham Cathedral.
Birmingham Civic Society continues to provide green spaces and protects heritage and public art. The Society encourages conservation, supports the next generation of active Birmingham Citizens and strives to make Birmingham a better place for everyone who lives and works here.
Supported by The Heritage Lottery Fund and people who play the National Lottery
For more details consult the programme guide: