After doing a sterling job for several years, our Trustee Robin Barnes will be stepping down as Honorary Treasurer at this year’s AGM. To ensure a smooth handover, we are looking to co-opt a new Trustee to the Board to work alongside Robin and take over the role in November. Our Honorary Treasurer also takes the title of Director and Company Secretary. Email Robin at email@example.com if you would like to learn more about what is involved and email: firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Birmingham Civic Society Honorary Treasurer:
- Trustee of the charity
- Director and Company Secretary
Brief Synopsis of Role:
- Making payments and banking receipts
- Record/book keeping
- Preparation of internal accounts and forecasts
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for Independent Examination
- Company secretarial matters (filing of accounts and annual returns)
- General financial and administrative duties eg Insurance, Charity Commission regulation compliance
- Attending Trustee meeting [6 per annum]
- Presenting accounts at AGM!
Note : The role does not involve taking minutes at meetings (undertaken by the Recording Secretary)