30 August to 1 September 2019
University of Birmingham
The booking details for the James Watt Conference are now online
• Friday: 5.00pm to 8.00pm (including evening meal and drinks reception)
• Saturday: 9.30am to 8.00pm (including evening meal and drinks reception)
• Sunday: 9.30am to 5.30pm
The fees include all refreshments.
Details of papers and the fantastic set of abstracts that have been received will be published shortly on jameswatt2019.org
The Friday evening will include the launch of David Philip Miller’s new book: The Life and Legend of James Watt: Collaboration, Natural Philosophy, and the Improvement of the Steam Engine (University of Pittsburgh Press, 2019).
Discounted copies of the paperback version will be available for purchase.
The keynote lectures include:
• Kate Croft (University of Birmingham), ‘Of Material Service to Him: Women in the Life of James Watt’
• Peter M. Jones, ‘Thinking outside the Box’: James Watt, a Mechanic who became an Engineer
• Leslie Tomory (McGill University). ‘James Watt & Co: Industrializing Gas Technology’
Details of accommodation, which attendees can book separately, will also be provided on jameswatt2019.org
If you have any questions, please email Malcolm Dick