We are looking for a new Honorary Treasurer and Trustee who can support the charity in its aims:
- to promote high standards of planning and architecture
- to educate the public in the geography, history, natural history, culture and architecture of the city
- to secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of public amenities and features or areas of historic or public interest in the city
- to promote the concept of active citizenship among the people of the city
Brief Synopsys of the Role
- Making payments
- Record/book keeping
- Preparation of internal accounts and forecasts
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for Independent Examination
- Company secretarial matters (filing of accounts and annual returns)
- General financial and administrative duties eg Insurance, Charity Commission regulation compliance
- Presenting accounts at the AGM
Note: It does not involve taking minutes at meetings which are undertaken by the Honorary Secretary.
- About one to two hours per week on routine matters – payments, bankings, queries (supported by our part time administrator)
- Attending six Trustee meetings per year – meetings take place from 12.30-2.30 at a city centre location.
- Book-keeping with support of the Society administrator
- Year-end accounts
- Filing accounts and annual returns
As Honorary Treasurer you will ensure that the Charity is meeting its goals in delivering our initiatives, remains sustainable and continues to thrive.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please get in touch with Chairman Amelia Ladbrook on firstname.lastname@example.org.