On Wednesday 25th November Birmingham Civic Society held its AGM and reflected on the 2019/2020 year. This was the very first time we held it online and members tuned in from across Birmingham from the comfort of their own homes.
We officially welcomed Irene de Boo and Peter Jones on to the board of trustees and said goodbye to Christine Cushing, Lorraine Francis and Isobel Wilson-Cleary. We also said goodbye to Jane Harding, Birmingham Trees for Life’s Project Manager who retired this summer.
You can see more about what we got up to between June 2019 and June 2020 in our Annual Report, but highlights include:
- Unveiling 5 blue plaque unveilings including one to celebrate St Mary’s Hospice’ 40th anniversary with royal guest, HRH Princess Alexandra
- Planting 171 large trees, 6 fruit trees and 4850 whips planted across 20 sites in the city
- Adapting the Next Generation Awards materials for online learning
- Launching the first Haywood Award
- Kickstarting the conservation of the Elan Valley model in Cannon Hill Park with the commission of a condition report.